These Easter Sugar Cookies are an easy, roll-out sugar cookie decorated with vanilla buttercream. These festive Easter Cookies are so adorable!
For the cookies
- 1 package Krusteaz Butter Vanilla Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/3 cup butter, softened but not melted
- 1 large egg
For the frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- Gel food coloring
- For the cookies: Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine Krusteaz Butter Vanilla Sugar Cookie Mix, butter and egg and beat until well mixed.
- On a well-floured surface, roll out the cookie dough at least ¼-inch thick. Cut to desired shapes with cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until the cookies are lightly golden brown around the edges. Allow the cookies to cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting: Cut the butter into 1 tablespoon-sized pieces and whip in a standing mixer 3-5 minutes, until the butter looks light in color.
- Add powdered sugar and mix on low speed until incorporated, then add heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract. Decrease speed to medium-high and beat for a couple more minutes to whip additional air into the frosting. It should be light and airy.
- To dye each frosting color, add a small drop of food coloring into the frosting and stir until well combined. Pipe designs on each cookie.