These Blackberry Balsamic Chicken wraps are bursting with flavor. These wraps have slices of balsamic marinated chicken, a homemade roasted blackberry sauce, sliced avocado, fresh arugula and crumbled goat cheese. It’s perfect for lunch on-the-go.
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
For the chicken
- 1 pound thinly sliced chicken breast
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the blackberry sauce
- 1 bag (10oz) frozen Oregon Marion blackberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Arugula or other type of lettuce
- Goat cheese
- For the chicken: Prepare a quick marinade by combing the chicken with the balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and marinate in a Ziploc bag or bowl for at least 15 minutes.
- Grill the chicken for approximately 5-8 minutes per side depending on thickness, grill until the chicken is cooked all the way through. All the chicken to cool and then slice into thin strips.
- For the blackberry sauce: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roast the blackberries for 15-18 minutes until the berries expel their juices. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a food processor, combine the berries with honey and a squeeze of lemon juice and blend until smooth. If you’d prefer to strain the seeds, you can do so through a fine sieve. Keep covered in refrigerator.
- To prepare the wraps: Layer the chicken together with your arugula and avocado and drizzle with the prepared blackberry sauce, finish off with a sprinkle of goat cheese. Keep refrigerated before serving.
You can get four chicken wraps from about 1 pound of chicken, and so you’ll have some leftover blackberry sauce, but it’s perfect to spread on toast, enjoy with some brie cheese and crackers or mix it into a blackberry cocktail