This Peanut Butter Cookie Lush starts with a peanut butter cookie, then it’s layered with a no-bake peanut butter cheesecake, chocolate pudding and a whipped cream topping. This dessert is for true peanut butter lovers!
For the crust:
- 1 package (15oz) peanut butter cookie mix
- Ingredients listed on the box (egg, oil water)
For the pudding
- 1 package (3.4oz) instant chocolate pudding
- 1 ¾ cups milk
For the cheesecake:
- 1 ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping
- 1–2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9-inch round pan by greasing the bottom with cooking spray.
- Prepare the cookie mix according to the instructions on the box. Press the prepared dough evenly into the pan. Bake at 350° F for 15-20 minutes until the center is cooked through. Cool completely. As the cookie is cooling, use a piece of parchment paper and another pan or spatula to press down the center of the cookie so you have a nice flat surface to work with.
- Once the cookie is cooled, prepare the pudding. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the pudding mix and milk and whisk until the powder has dissolved. Refrigerate until the pudding has set.
- Next, prepare the cheesecake layer. Place a metal mixing bowl in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to chill. Pour the heavy cream into the chilled bowl and whip at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Then add the powdered sugar and continue mixing until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Beat together the cream cheese until softened. Then add the peanut butter, sugar and vanilla extract and beat for several minutes until it’s light and fluffy.
- Next, fold 1 ½ cups of the prepared whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until well mixed.
- Spread the cheesecake over the cooled cookie. Then evenly spread the prepared chocolate pudding over the cheesecake layer.
- Finally, spread the remaining whipped cream on top. Keep covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Drizzle with peanut butter if desired. Microwave the peanut butter for 20-30 seconds until it’s runny and drizzle over top of the whipped cream.
- This must be keep covered in the refrigerator. Okay to prepare a day in advance.
- Substitute the homemade whipped cream with an already prepared whipped topping, you’ll need two 8-ounce containers.
- Add your favorite peanut butter toppings if desired. Crushed cookies or candy work great, add just before serving for best results.
- For a no-bake option, substitute the baked peanut butter cookie with a peanut butter sandwich cookie. Grind the cookies into a fine crumb, combine with 6-8 tablespoons of melted butter and press into the bottom of your pan