All the flavors of a truffle but without all the work. These are a peppermint flavored cookie dough covered in a peppermint ganache.
- For the cookie dough
- 1 C Unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 C Granulated sugar
- 3/4 C Light brown sugar
- 2 1/4 C All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 C Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips
- ½ C Mini chocolate chips
- For the truffle
- 1 pkg (28 pcs) Andes Peppermint Crunch chocolate, chopped
- 3 tbsp Heavy Cream
- For the cookie dough:
- Combine butter and both sugars in a medium-sized bowl. Mix with a handheld mixer until smooth. All chunks of sugar and butter should be broken up.
- Add flour and salt. Mix just until combined. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Add vanilla extract and milk. Mix until dough is soft.
- Unwrap Andes mints and chop into smaller pieces and pour into dough with mini chocolate chips. Beat to combine.
- Line a 8″by8” pan with parchment paper or tin foil, over the top edge. Empty the cookie dough into the pan and gently press dough into the pan with your fingers.
- For the truffle topping
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine additional chopped Andes mints with heavy cream. Microwave on high in 30 seconds increments, stirring each time until melted. Remove bowl from microwave (careful, it’s hot!). Whisk together until chocolate starts to melt. Allow chocolate to cool for 15 minutes.
- Pour melted chocolate over top of cookie dough and then refrigerate until firm.
- Remove from refrigerator 10 minutes before cutting. Lift parchment paper out of pan and cut bars into squares. Wrap with mini cupcake wrappers if sticky.
You can use either Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips or you can use the small squares and chop them up.