For the Streusel
- 3/4 C All-purpose Flour
- 1 C Light brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Apple Pie Spice
- 1 C Pecans, chopped
- 1/2 C + 2 tbsp Unsalted butter, melted
For the Apple filling
- 3 Large apples, sliced
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Apple Pie Spice
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Flour
For the Rice Krispies
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter, browned
- 3 C Mini Marshmallow
- 4 C Rice Krispies cereal
To prepare the streusel
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Melt butter in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Pour melted butter over dry ingredients and use a pastry cutter or fork to combine dry ingredients into butter. Mixture will be clumpy.
- Line a 9×9” pan with tin foil. Press into the bottom of a 9×9” pan. Bake streusel for 20 minutes at 350°. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
To Prepare the Apple Pie Filling
- Slice apples into small pieces and squeeze a lemon over top to coat it in juice.
- Add cinnamon, apple pie spice, brown sugar and flour over top of apples. Stir to mix ingredients.
- Heat apples on the stove over medium heat for 10-15 minutes until soft. Stir occasionally. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Pour apples over streusel and cool for at least 30 minutes.
To Prepare the Rice Krispie Treats
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat until butter starts to turn brown and let of a slight aroma.
- Pour marshmallows in saucepan and stir until melted.
- Add Rice Krispie cereal to saucepan and stir to combine.
- Pour Rice Krispie mixture over apples and streusel. Use a piece of wax paper to spread and firmly pack down the Rice Krispie treats.
- It is best to allow this to set for a couple of hours, but it can be served immediately.
I used a 9×9″ Pan. Lining the pan with tin foil will help to remove them easily and slice apart.
Make sure to firmly pack the Rice Krispies Treats onto the streusel mixture.
Store in a airtight container for up to 3 days.