- 1/2 C Cooked bacon (5–6 pcs).
- 1 C Heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 12 oz Dark chocolate
- 1/4 C Potato chip crumbs
For the coating
- 12 oz Candy coating
- 2 tbsp Potato chip crumbs
- Precook bacon (about 5-6 pc) according to package instructions. Allow to cool and chop into tiny pieces. You will need a heaping ½ cup, but really, it’s not like you can add too much bacon.
- In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream and butter over medium-low heat just until bubbling. Stir to prevent the cream from burning.
- In a heatproof bowl, place dark chocolate chips in the bowl and pour heated heavy cream over top of the chocolate. Allow chocolate and cream to sit for 10 minutes until the chocolate has melted slightly. Whisk until smooth. If the chocolate is not all melted, microwave the chocolate mixture in 15-20 second increments in the microwave.
- Take a handful of potato chips and squish them in a Ziploc bags into tiny pieces.
- Add crushed potato chips and bacon bits into melted chocolate. Stir to combine.
- Allow mixture to cool and refrigerate until firm, overnight is best but a few hours should do.
- Scoop hardened chocolate with a melon baller or a tablespoon scoop. Roll into a smooth ball. Keep refrigerated while dipping, it will help make it easier to handle them.
- Melt candy coating in a microwave proof bowl. Dip chilled truffles in candy coating and roll until coated. Sprinkle the top with crushed potato chips crumbs.
- Allow chocolate coating to set completely. Keep refrigerated.