An Irish cream soaked French toast with a spiked chocolate sauce
- 1 Loaf sourdough bread
- 3 Large eggs, whisked
- 1/4 C Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
For the chocolate sauce
- 4 oz Dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp Heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ tsp Bailey’s Irish Cream
For the Whipped Cream
- 1/2 C Heavy whipping cream
- 1–2 tbsp Powdered sugar
- Slice bread to desired thickness.
- Crack eggs in a 9×9” pan. Whisk until light and fluffy. Add Bailey’s, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Whisk thoroughly until mixed.
- Place bread in the pan and soak each side for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat pan on medium-high heat. Lightly spray with cooking spray. Place soaked bread into pan and cook for about 1 minute on each side until slightly brown. Remove bread from pan and set aside until all bread is cooked.
- While cooking the French toast, prepare the chocolate sauce. In a glass measuring cup, or other microwave-safe bowl, combine 4oz of Dark chocolate with 2 tablespoons of heavy cream. Microwave on high for 45-60 seconds. Remove from microwave and whisk until smooth. Add Bailey’s Irish Cream and whisk into melted chocolate.
- Serve with homemade whipped cream if desired. Prepare the whipped cream by combining heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar in your mixing bowl. Beat on high speed until stiff peaks form; about 3-4 minutes. Set whipped cream in the fridge until ready.
- Serve the French toast with chocolate sauce and whipped cream.