These Bakery Style Cinnamon Pecan Muffins are incredibly moist, full of cinnamon and crunchy pecans.
- 2¼ C Flour
- 1 C Granulated sugar
- 4 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ C Unsalted butter
- 1 Large egg
- 1 C Milk or buttermilk
- ¼ C Sour cream
- 1 1/2 C Pecans
- Preheat oven to 425°. Grease a muffin pan with Crisco or baking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Then set this mixture aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg using a whisk until light and fluffy. Add melted butter and whisk together with the egg. Continue to add milk and sour cream and whisk everything together until smooth.
- Slowly pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to mix just until combined. Fold in the pecans (reserve a handful to top the muffins)
- Fill your muffin tin all the way to the top with batter. Sprinkle pecans on top. Bake for 5 minutes at 425° and then reduce heat to 350° and bake for another 16-20 minutes. Do not open the oven for at least 15 minutes, you will see how nicely the muffins rise. Baking times will vary by oven.
- Check your muffins for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the muffin. If your toothpick comes out clean, your muffin is done. Allow muffins to cool completely in the pan. You can also cool on a wire rack, but you want to allow them to cool enough to remove and transport them out of the pan.