This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, chopped
- 200 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 200 grams (1 cup + 1 tablespoon) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 105 grams (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 3/4 cup tinned pitted cherries
- 1 cup (250 ml) thickened or heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dutch processed cocoa
- 2 tablespoon icing or powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons chocolate ganache or chocolate fudge sauce, optional
- Fresh cherries, optional
- Grab your 8 inch skillet. Preheat the oven to 320F (160C). Pop your butter and chocolate into a heat proof bowl. Place a medium sized saucepan filled with about 2 inches (5cm) of water on the stovetop on medium heat. Place your bowl on top (ensuring the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water) and slowly let the steam melt the chocolate and butter. Stir occasionally until silky smooth and then remove the chocolate mixture from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, drain your cherries (but don’t rinse) and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut 1/2 cup of the cherries into halves, leave the rest whole. Next, add the sugar and the vanilla to the chocolate mixture and beat with an electric mixer until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, and then beat until again. Sift in the flour and gently fold through with a spatula. Last, fold through the cherry halves. Then pour the brownie mixture into your skillet. Gently press the remaining whole cherries into the top. Place in the oven for approximately 45 minutes or until top is crinkly and no longer wobbles in the middle. Leave to cool.
- To serve, whisk your cream until soft peaks form. Then gently fold through the cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Once your brownie has cooled, top with whipped cream, sprinkle with chocolate ganache or chocolate sauce and a few fresh cherries. Grab a spoon and dive right in!
Check out these other brownie creations from Jess (Sweetest Menu)
Peanut Butter Brownie Ice Cream
More from Beyond Frosting: