A dessert wonton filled with blueberry and mascarpone, topped with a fresh lemon glaze.
- Vegetable oil (24 oz)
- 1 Large egg, beaten
- 1 can Lucky Leaf Blueberry Pie filling (21 oz)
- 1 container Mascarpone cheese (8oz)
- 1 pkg Wonton wrappers (14 oz)
For the glaze
- 1 1/2 C Powdered sugar
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 tbsp milk
- Use a medium sized sauce pan to heat oil to 365°F. If you have a candy thermometer, that is best, but not necessary. Preheat for at least 10 minutes on medium heat. Whenever you are deep frying, remember to use extreme caution as the oil is very hot.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg with a fork.
- Lay wonton wrapper flat.
- Take a knife and spread 1 teaspoon of mascarpone cheese and smear across the middle of the wonton wrapper.
- Spoon a tablespoon of blueberry pie filling on top of the cheese.
- Take your finger, dip it in the egg wash and run your finger along two sides of the wonton wrapper.
- Fold wonton wrapper into a triangle and firmly press down edges to seal.
- Drop wonton into (3 at a time) into the vegetable oil. Fry for 30-45 seconds per side until the wonton turns light brown. Flip and fry the other side for 30 seconds or so.
- Remove from oil with tongs and place on a plate layered with paper towels to allow to cool.
For the glaze
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, lemon juice and milk. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle glaze over wontons.
- You can top these wontons with whipped cream or lemon zest.