These graham cracker cupcakes have a Brownie Brittle™ crust, and chocolate marshmallow frosting
- 2 Bag of Brownie Brittle™ (4 oz bags)
- 6 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 3/4 C Butter at room temperature
- 3 Large eggs at room temperature
- 1 3/4 C Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 C Flour
- 1 C Graham cracker crumbs
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/ C Milk
- 1/2 C Sour Cream
For the frosting
- 1 1/2 C Unsalted butter
- 1 C Marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 C Cocoa powder
- 5 1/2 C Powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk or heavy cream
- Allow butter and eggs to come to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Use a food processor to grind up Brownie Brittle™ into a fine crumb. Pour in a microwave safe container. Place butter on top and microwave until butter is melted, 30-45 seconds. Stir melted butter to coat crumbs. If crumbs are still dry, add another 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Beat room temperature butter on medium speed until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add sugar and beat until well creamed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating each egg well. Add vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add half the dry ingredients, followed by half the milk and half the sour cream. Once ingredients are mixed, add remaining dry ingredients followed by remaining milk and sour cream. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Spoon about one tablespoon of Brownie Brittle™ into each cupcake liner; press into the bottom of the liner. Fill liners 2/3 full with cupcake batter.
- Bake at 375°F for 18-22 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
For the frosting
- Allow butter to come to room temperature for about 20-30 minutes, or microwave for 15 seconds straight from the refrigerator. In your mixing bowl, whip butter on medium high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add marshmallow fluff and beat to combine.
- Sift cocoa powder if necessary. Turn down the speed to low and add cocoa powder, beating until well mixed.
- Add powdered sugar, two cups at a time. Start on a low speed until powder sugar is incorporated and increase speed as necessary. Add milk when the frosting starts to get clumped together.
- Once all the powdered sugar is mixed in, increase speed to medium high and beat for at least 60 seconds.
- Before frosting cupcake, cut a divot in the top of the cupcake and use a knife and spoon to put a dollop of marshmallow filling in the middle of the cupcake. Cover the top with chocolate marshmallow frosting.
Allow butter and eggs to come to room temperature.