These gooey Caramel Pumpkin Pie Bars layered with a brown sugar oatmeal crust, pumpkin caramel filling and caramel filled chocolate chips.
We recently signed up for Blue Apron. I was skeptical at first, thinking maybe we wouldn’t really like the menu, or we just would end up throwing out the food. We are both working long hours and have a hard time making meals at home.
Well we just finished week two of meals, and it has been great. We are making foods we would not normally try, and best of all, my boyfriend is making some of the dinners! We joke that he has done more cooking in the past two weeks than he has done in the four years we’ve been dating. And by joking, I mean, he thinks I’m joking when I say that. It’s been a huge help to me! I could definitely get used to this. The only downfall is, the next 3 weeks of meals aren’t so attractive, so we’re skipping it and I have to go grocery shopping ASAP.
One thing I’m not skipping, is a bite of these gooey Caramel Pumpkin Pie Bars. The bars haunted me in the refrigerator all weekend. Seriously, if I opened the refrigerator, I couldn’t look in there for too long.
Two years ago, I made the original Gooey Pumpkin Pie Bars. While I was hanging out in the baking aisle at Target, I noticed the new Eagle Brand caramel flavor sweetened condensed milk. Right away, I knew what I wanted to make.
Recently I saw that Eagle Brand was releasing two new flavors of their sweetened condensed milk, a caramel flavor and a chocolate flavor. I’ve been keeping my eyes out for it, and I finally found it! Think of all the recipe combinations!!
I altered my original recipe by adding an extra cup of rolled oats because I like a nice thick crust. I also decided to add some Nestle Caramel-filled Chocolate chips. Chocolate is a great compliment to pumpkin, and I tend to forget about it!
After these have cooled, I prefer to keep them refrigerated, but it’s not a requirement. Serve these will a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel. It’s up to you if you want to share with your friends!
Keep up with all the happenings. Follow Beyond Frosting:Print
These gooey Caramel Pumpkin Pie Bars layered with a brown sugar oatmeal crust, pumpkin caramel filling and caramel filled chocolate chips
- 2 C Rolled oats
- 2 C Graham crackers
- ¼ C Flour
- ¼ C Brown sugar
- 1¼ C Butter, melted
- 1 C Pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 Can (14 oz) Eagle Brand Caramel flavored condensed milk
- 1 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 C Nestle Caramel-filled chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine oatmeal, graham crackers, flour and brown sugar.
- Prepare the crust mixture. Pour melted butter over dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined with a spatula. Reserve ¾ cup of the crust mix for the topping.
- In a separate bowl, mix pumpkin puree with caramel flavored sweetened condensed milk and pumpkin pie spice. Stir until well combined.
- Line a 9×13” pan with tin foil, covering the bottom and the sides. Pour crust mixture in the bottom of the pan and pat down firmly. Sprinkle ½ C caramel filled chocolate chips over crust.
- Pour pumpkin filling on top of crust and spread out evenly. Cover with remaining crust mixture and chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 24-28 minutes until the top is golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before removing bars. Once cooled, you can lift the tin foil right out of the pan
- For deeper bars, you can cook this in a 9×9” pan, but baking times will need to be adjusted accordingly
Other pumpkin recipes you might like:
Recipes from my friends you might like:
Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Rolls from I Am Baker
Pumpkin Magic Custard Cake from The Gunny Sack
Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake from Kitchen Meets Girls