This Chocolate Almond Cherry Bread Pudding is baked to perfection with layers of chocolate almond milk-soaked bread, cherry pie filling and sprinkles with sliced almonds.
- 2 ¼ C Silk Chocolate Almond Milk
- 5 Large eggs
- 1 C Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Almond extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ C Almonds, sliced
- 1 can Cherry pie filling (21oz can)
- 12–15 Sliced bread
- For the glaze (optional)
- ¼ C Powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp Silk Chocolate Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine Silk Chocolate Almond Milk, eggs, brown sugar, almond and vanilla extract and whisk until well blended. You will need to add this in 4 parts as you build your layers.
- Layer the bottom of a deep dish 9” pie plate with the almond milk mixture.
- Break apart 4 pieces of bread and layer in the bottom of the pan. Use a spoon to spread 1/3 can of the cherry pie filling over the bread and sprinkle with some of the almonds.
- Pour in enough almond milk to slightly cover the layer. Repeat the above steps: break apart 4 pieces of bread, spread a couple spoonful of cherry pie filling and some of the almonds and pour all remaining almond milk mixture except ¼ C.
- To build the top layer, you will squeeze in as many bread pieces as you can fit, without it spilling over the sides, I used another 4-5 pieces. Use remaining cherry pie filling to fill in any holes on top and pour remaining ¼ cup of the almond milk mixture over the top of the bread.
- Bake at 375°F for 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool for at least 45 minutes before cutting.
- To make the glaze, combine powdered sugar with Silk Chocolate Almond Milk and whisk until smooth. Drizzle glaze over top of bread pudding.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American