These Banana Cream Pie Popsicles are a banana flavored custard pudding pop with a Nilla wafer crust and chocolate swirl.
- 1 pkg (3.4oz) Vanilla instant pudding
- 1 ¾ C Cold milk
- 1 C Heavy whipping cream
- ½ C Powdered sugar
- 2 Medium Bananas
- 3 oz Chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 ½ C Nilla Wafer crumbs
- 3–4 tbsp Unsalted butter, melted
- Prepare instant pudding by combining pudding mix with cold milk. Whisk until pudding is dissolved and refrigerate for 10 minutes until pudding is firm.
- Make the whipped cream by combining heavy whipping cream with powdered sugar. Start on medium speed and whisk until bubbles form. Increase speed to medium high-to-high and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Finely mash bananas in a bowl. Stir mashed bananas into pudding after it has set. Fold in whipped cream.
- Melt together chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 30-60 seconds, stirring occasionally. Spoon a little bit on chocolate along the edges of each of the paper cups and turn them in circles to spread the chocolate.
- Fill cups 1/3 full, and then add another drop of chocolate sauce. Swirl with a knife or toothpick. Fill with another 2 tablespoons of filling. Divide the filling equally between the paper cups. Will make 8-10 popsicles depending on how full you make the cups.
- Prepare the crust by combining Nilla Wafer crumbs with unsalted butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 30-60 seconds until butter is melted. Stir until crumbs are well coated.
- Divide crumbs between the paper cups and gently press into the top of the popsicle.
- Freeze for one hour and then insert wooden popsicle stick. Continuing freezing for another 3-4 hours until firm.
- To serve, cut a slit in the paper cup and peel away the cup.