Creamy, chocolaty frosting loaded with Butterfinger candy bars.
- 1 1/2 C Unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 5–6 C Powdered sugar
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 2–3 tbsp Heavy whipping cream or milk
- 15 oz Butterfinger candy bars, chopped
- Butter should be at room temperature or slightly firmer, not melted. Beat on medium speed until butter is light and fluffy.
- Sift cocoa powder through a fine sieve. Slowly add cocoa butter and beat into butter. Adding the vanilla extract at this stage will allow the mix to be smoother before adding the powdered sugar.
- Add powered sugar one cup at a time, beating on medium-low speed. The frosting will become quite thick.
- Add heavy whipped cream and increase speed to medium high. Beat for a couple minutes. This will help the frosting to be smoother and creamier.
- Use a food processor to grind the Butterfingers into small pieces. Add to frosting and mix to incorporate.
- Scoop onto cooled cupcakes or eat with a spoon.