This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
This Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Poke Cake is a moist chocolate cake soaked in sweetened condensed milk and cherry pie filling, and topped with a cheesecake whipped cream. This easy poke cake is so delicious!
Do you love chocolate and cherries together? You should also try my Cherry Chocolate Chip Poke Cake or these Chocolate Cherry Monkey Bread Muffins!
Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Poke Cake
This is my first summer in Portland with my fiancé by my side. Last summer we were still living long distance and I spent lots of time traveling back and forth, so I didn’t really get to explore much. I am really looking forward to seeing what this city has to offer, and as long as it stays under 80 degrees, you’ll find me outside. Ha! I never was a fan of the heat and I was quite surprised at how warm the summers are here.
It’s all well and good until you need to turn on the oven to make dinner or better yet, a cake. As much as I like to stick to no-bake desserts in the summer time, certain things requires cakes, cupcakes, cookies or pies. Hence why I am sharing a new poke cake with you today!
I Love This Cherry Twist On My Classic Cheesecake Poke Cake
Cherry Cheesecake Poke Cake is a new version of my cheesecake poke cake, as previously there have been a strawberry and a blueberry version.
Let me break it down for you: the cake is soaked in sweetened condensed milk, which makes it extra moist. It’s got a layer of cherry pie filling (I used Lucky Leaf) and it’s topped with a cream cheese whipped cream, hence the cheesecake. For the cake, you can use your favorite homemade chocolate cake or you can stick to a cake mix. Sometimes I think it’s just quicker and easier to go that route.
How To Make The Best Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
The secret to the cream cheese whipped cream is to make sure the cream cheese is softened before you start to whip it. Then slowly add the heavy cream until the cream cheese reaches more of a liquid consistency. This will help eliminate any lumps in the whipped cream.
The problem with this Cherry Cheesecake Poke Cake is that I can’t help but get myself a second slice. No matter how much I try to resist, I am a sucker for chocolate cake and cream cheese whipped cream. The fruit topping in between is a definite bonus.
Follow Beyond Frosting:
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
If you love no-bake recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, No-Bake Treats!Print
Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Poke Cake
- Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 33 minutes
- Yield: 1 cake
This Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Poke Cake is a moist chocolate cake soaked in sweetened condensed milk and cherry pie filling, and topped with a cheesecake whipped cream.
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix, plus ingredients listed on the box
- 1 14 ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 21 ounce can Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 3/4 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 8 ounce package Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- Hot Fudge Sauce, for garnish
- Chocolate Chips, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the cake mix according to the ingredients on the box and beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Bake the cake at 350°F in a 9×13inch pan for 18-22 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, you cake is done. Allow the cake to cool for 20 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm, take the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes all over the top of your cake.
- Pour the jar of sweetened condensed milk over top of the cake and. Let set until the cake is completely cooled.
- Next, pour the can of cherry pie filling over the top of the cake and spread evenly.
- Remove the cream cheese from the refrigerator 30-45 minutes before preparing the whipped topping. Beat cream cheese on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes until cream cheese is smooth and free of lumps. Scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Add 3 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream. Beat into cream cheese until cream cheese resembles a liquid mixture.
- Next add the remaining heavy whipping cream and beat on medium-high speed. Slowly add the remaining powdered sugar and beat until still peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the cooled cake. This cake must be refrigerated.
I used milk instead of water when preparing the cake mix.
- Category: Cake
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate cherry cheesecake, poke cake recipe, chocolate poke cake, chocolate poke cake recipe, homemade cake recipe, chocolate cherry cake, chocolate cherry cake recipe
More Poke Cake Recipes You Might Like:
Strawberry Cheesecake Poke Cake
Blueberry Cheesecake Poke Cake
This recipe originally appeared on Food Fanatic.
Can you use in a Bundt pan?
Hi Sherri, I think this could work but you’d need to get creative with your filling/toppings
Could you make these as cupcakes?
Hi Sandi, you can, but with the added liquid, they may get very soft in the liners.
Sounds awsome, You said add the remaining powdered sugar in the cream cheese and whipping cream. I didn’t see where the first you put the first of the powdered sugar. So do I add the whole cup in the cream cheese and whipping cream? Thank You
I was wondering about that too
How much cream cheese did you use? I did not see that listed in the ingredients.
8 oz. cream cheese