This Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Poke Cake is a moist chocolate cake soaked in sweetened condensed milk and cherry pie filling, and topped with a cheesecake whipped cream.
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix, plus ingredients listed on the box
- 1 14 ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 21 ounce can Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 3/4 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 8 ounce package Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- Hot Fudge Sauce, for garnish
- Chocolate Chips, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the cake mix according to the ingredients on the box and beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Bake the cake at 350°F in a 9×13inch pan for 18-22 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, you cake is done. Allow the cake to cool for 20 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm, take the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes all over the top of your cake.
- Pour the jar of sweetened condensed milk over top of the cake and. Let set until the cake is completely cooled.
- Next, pour the can of cherry pie filling over the top of the cake and spread evenly.
- Remove the cream cheese from the refrigerator 30-45 minutes before preparing the whipped topping. Beat cream cheese on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes until cream cheese is smooth and free of lumps. Scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Add 3 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream. Beat into cream cheese until cream cheese resembles a liquid mixture.
- Next add the remaining heavy whipping cream and beat on medium-high speed. Slowly add the remaining powdered sugar and beat until still peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the cooled cake. This cake must be refrigerated.
I used milk instead of water when preparing the cake mix.
- Category: Cake
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate cherry cheesecake, poke cake recipe, chocolate poke cake, chocolate poke cake recipe, homemade cake recipe, chocolate cherry cake, chocolate cherry cake recipe