This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
I am so excited about this post because I am entering it into a recipe contest hosted by my two favorite bloggers: Confessions of a Cookbook Queen and Cookies and Cups. When I first found out about the contest, I was went a little crazy deciding what recipes I could recreate and had a dozen different ideas and then pondered over them for way too long. I am a little nervous because these two bloggers are so amazing and a source of inspiration to me.
I chose to recreate Shelly’s Caramel Apple Cheesecake bars. Hands down, my favorite dessert is cheesecake, but I really don’t allow myself to have it very often, because let’s face it, I don’t need the extra calories. I also am a little bit intimidated to make a cheesecake at home. So I am starting here, with Shelly’s recipe and I made Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake bars. These cheesecake bars have a streusel topping as well, which I love.Print
- Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
- Makes 12 bars
- Adapted from Cookies and Cups
- 1 C All-purpose flour
- 1/4 C Light brown sugar
- 1/2 C Oats
- 1/2 C Unsalted butter- at room temperature
- Cream Cheese Filling:
- 6 oz raspberries, washed and dried
- 1/4 C granulated sugar + 1 tbsp, divided
- 1 pk Cream cheese (8 oz)- at room temperature
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 Large egg
- 1/4 C Dark chocolate pieces
- Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 C Light brown sugar
- 1/2 C All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 C Old fashioned oats
- 1/4 C Unsalted butter- at room temperature
- 3 oz Dark chocolate
- 2 oz Heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Start by making the crust. Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Use a fork and pastry cutter to combine the butter into the flour, oats and brown sugar.
- Firmly pack into an 8×8” pan and bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes until a light golden brown.
- Wash and dry raspberries. Combine with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- While crust is baking, prepare the cheesecake layer. In a medium size bowl, combine softened cream cheese, with vanilla extract, 1/4 C granulated sugar and egg. Mix until well combined and creamy. Fold in dark chocolate chunks.
- Prepare streusel layer. Combine dry ingredients with butter and use a fork and pastry cutter to combine the butter into the flour, oats and brown sugar.
- When crust is finished baking, poor cheesecake layer onto of warm crust, spread evenly. Sprinkle with raspberry. Pour streusel layer on top of cheesecake layer.
- Return cheesecake bars to the oven and bake at 350° for another 25-30 minutes until the center is firm.
- Once removed from the oven, prepare ganache by microwaving dark chocolate chips and heavy cream in 30 second increments until chocolate is melted. Stir until smooth and drizzle over bars.
- Allow bars to cool for at least an hour. Transfer to the refrigerator and chill for at least two hours. I chilled mine overnight.
So bottom line is, if I can make cheesecake bars, so can you. Thanks to Kristin and Shelly for sponsoring such a fun contest!
Disclaimer: I am entering these Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Bars in the Creative Recipe Contest hosted by Confessions of a Cookbook Queen and Cookies and Cups!