This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
I like to think that a majority of the recipes I post on this blog are relatively easy for you to make. We don’t all have the time to spend hours in the kitchen preparing a fancy dessert. I think you can still make fancy desserts while enjoying the rest of your day.
Walkers Shortbread provided me with free samples of these cookies to review. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. I was not compensated for this post.
Last week I received another shipment of Walkers shortbread cookies. This time, my shipment contained chocolate shortbreads! I knew I wanted to create something different for this post. Since 2012, Walkers has partnered with The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals® (ASPCA). This year, Walkers will donate a minimum of $50,000 to the ASPCA through the sales of their Scottie Dog shortbread cookies. For more information about Walkers partnership with the ASPCA, visit their website.
In today’s recipe, I used their new Chocolate Scottie Dog Shortbread cookies, which use genuine Belgian chocolate, butter, flour, sugar and a pinch of salt. The recipe below will make four parfaits. To serve a larger crowd, use two boxes of Chocolate Scottie Dog Shortbread cookies and double the ganache recipe. Because it is difficult to half the ingredients for the mousse, you will end up with a lot of extra mousse. May I suggest diving into the leftovers head first?
No-Bake Chocolate Shortbread Mousse Parfaits
- Chocolate Shortbread Mousse Cups
- 1 Package instant chocolate pudding (3.4 oz)
- 1 1/2 C cold milk
- 1 Container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 Package Walkers Chocolate Scottie Dogs Shortbread cookies
- Chocolate ganache
- 2 oz Dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp Heavy whipped cream
- 2 tsp Instant espresso
- Chocolate Shortbread Mousse Cups
- Start preparing the pudding by mixing the instant chocolate pudding mix with the milk. Place in the refrigerator and allow to set for at least 15 minutes until firm.
- Fold in one container of thawed whipped cream with a spatula and mix until incorporated. If you have time, put it back in the fridge for 15 minutes, but if you don’t that’s fine too.
- Use a food processor to grind up the chocolate shortbreads into fine crumbs.
- Chocolate Ganache
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine dark chocolate chips with the heavy whipped cream. Microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir vigorously with a spoon until well mixed.
- Prepare instant espresso according to package directions. My instant espresso calls for 3 ounces of water to 1 teaspoon espresso and mix until dissolved. Measure out 2 teaspoons into the chocolate ganache and mix with a spoon until well mixed.
- Adding the instant espresso with help to thin out the chocolate and make it nice for dripping. I personally think it also enhances the flavor. If you don’t have instant espresso, you can omit that step, but you may want to add additional whipping cream to help thin out the chocolate.
- Prepare the mousse cups by adding one tablespoon of chocolate shortbread to the bottom of the glass. Use a spoon or piping bag and fill the cup half full with chocolate mouse. Next, take a spoon full of chocolate ganache and drizzle it on top of the mousse. Repeat this step two more times. Each glass has 3 tablespoons of shortbread cookies, three layers of mousse and 2 and half spoon fulls of ganache. Serve these cold and keep refrigerated.
No bake desserts are great for hot summer days when you don’t want to turn on the oven! In order to help make your summer more chocolaty.
For more Walkers recipes, check out these Lemon Raspberry Magic Bars
I wanna make these now but don’t have them Scottie shortbread cookies!! My stores don’t stock them. What would be a good substitute? This look as amazing!
Any type of shortbread cookie works for the crust
Is this recipe gluten free?
If you’re using a gluten free shortbread cookie it can be made gluten free, but I would recommend double checking all the ingredients you actually use to see if they container gluten.
I want to make these for a 4th of July picnic I am going to. Do you know how many cups this recipe made? I am trying to figure out how many times to double the recipe? Thanks!
How many oz are the serving glasses?
Hi Justin, I can’t say with certainty, because I don’t have these anymore, but maybe about 1/2 cup.
Are you serious?! What a simple and yummy looking dessert!
I LOVE Walkers, they are the best! I really like all the chocolate you use in this recipe. 🙂
You can’t go wrong with chocolte!
Not sure I can make myself grind up those adorable scotties! 🙂 However, your mouth watering photos of this chocolaty parfait has me willing to try!
Oooooh la la amazing
These look so good! I’ve never seen chocolate shortbread, but I love Walker’s brand, so I’m going to have to keep an eye out!
Hi Elizabeth! They are a relatively new product so keep your eyes peeled! Thanks for stopping by!
Um, your parfaits are PERFECT. I would hate to be that person who sticks their face in it mercilessly and gets mousse all over the place… 🙂
If anyone was going to stick their face in my parfaits I would let you. Haha.
It looks divine! I wish someone brought me such a dessert right to my bed.
Hahaha! I need to get on that program too! Thanks for stopping by!
i haven’t seen the chocolate scottie dogs but i’d like to try them. this looks delish!
You totally need to try them. They are so good. Keep an eye out for more Walkers discounts with these post! This month is free shipping. Thanks for stopping by.
Do you need a napkin? 🙂 thanks for your kind words!
Uau this is amazing:) I love it!
Thanks so much!
Hmmm…no-bake desserts are some of my favorite, especially for summer!
Me to! I love that they are so quick and easy to put together!
I am always looking for a good chocolate shortbread cookie, believe it or not they are always in short supply at the store!!! What a great way to use them.
I know right! The Chocolate Scottie Dog cookies are adorable too!