These adorable cupcakes are topped with a marshmallow frosting and dipped in green candy melts, decorated like a Christmas tree.
- 24 chocolate cupcakes, cooled
- 1 recipe Perfect Vanilla Frosting
- 1 1/2 bags Wilton Green Candy Melts
- 3–4 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- Prepare cupcake according to instructions and after baked, allow to cool completely.
- Prepare a batch of frosting (either a vanilla buttercream or a seven minute frosting).
- If using buttercream, pipe cupcakes and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow frosting to harden.
- For the magic shell, combine candy melts and 3 tablespoons vegetable oil in a tall, microwave safe dish or cup. Melt for 45 seconds, stir until smooth. If not completely melted, microwave for another 15 seconds. Magic shell should be completely smooth. Add additional vegetable oil if necessary.
- Dip cupcakes in magic shell and tap off excess chocolate. Flip cupcakes upright and allow chocolate to start to firm up, about 10 minutes or so. Add icing decorations.
Instead of vanilla buttercream, you can use a seven minute frosting