These chunky Coconut Lime Cookies are the perfect summer treat. The soft cookies are loaded with sweetened coconut and lime zest.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 2 limes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1 cup shredded coconut, sweetened
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Combine butter with sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and lime zest. Mix into butter and sugar until the eggs are well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Slowly add into batter and beat on medium low speed until it starts to combine.
- Lastly, add the shredded coconut and chopped macadamia nuts and mix until the dough forms
- Refrigerate dough for a minimum of 30 minutes and up to 1 hour. Do NOT skip this step or you will have cookies thinner than pancakes!
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Use a medium cookie scoop (1-2 tbsp) and scoop cookie dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350° F 12 to 15 minutes. Allow cookie to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.