For the Cookie Dough
- 1 C Unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
- 3/4 C Light brown sugar
- 1 C Granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 C All-purpose flour
- 1 C Yellow cake mix (dry)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 1/2 C Mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 C Sprinkles
For the batter
- Recipe adapted from Taylor Takes A Taste
- 3–4 C Vegetable oil for frying
- 3 C crushed Corn Flakes
- 1 Large egg
- 1 C Water
- 2 C Dry pancake mix
- 2–3 tbsp Powered sugar
- Additional powdered sugar for dusting
For the cookie dough:
- Allow butter to come to room temperature.
- Combine butter and both sugars in a medium-sized bowl. Mix with a handheld mixer until smooth. All chunks of sugar and butter should be broken up.
- Add flour, dry cake mix and salt. Mix just until combined. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Add vanilla extract and milk. Mix until dough is soft. Add chocolate chips and sprinkles last.
- Roll dough into balls, about 1 1/2 tablespoons for each. Set aside.
To assemble and fry
- Preheat oil to 365°. Use caution when deep-frying. Oil is extremely hot.
- Use a food processor to crush Corn Flakes into small pieces. Set aside in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, beat egg with a fork. Add water.
- Add 1 cup of dry pancake mix and powdered sugar and whisk together until smooth.
- In a third bowl, place the remaining dry pancake mix.
- To assembly the deep-fried cookie dough bites, first roll dough in dry pancake mix, then dip into wet batter and lastly, roll in Corn Flake crumbs.
- Place dough ball in oil and fry for one minute and 30 seconds.
- Remove from deep fryer and tap off excess oil and place on a paper towel to dry the dough ball and absorb remaining oil. Allow to cool for several minutes before eating.
- Sprinkle with powered sugar or drizzle with chocolate syrup.