This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
Funfetti Skillet Cookies are soft baked cake-like cookies with a subtle vanilla flavor. These easy cookies are ready in just 20 minutes!
Welcome back to my blogiversary week! I figured I would celebrate with you all today since tomorrow you might be trick or treating or out and about at a party. Our Halloween tradition is to order a pizza and watch scary movies! I kind of look forward to it! Plus, the day after Halloween, I can load up on all kinds of candy for holiday baking. Yep, that’s what I call a food blogger problem.
I seriously can’t believe it has been a year since I started this blog. I contemplated the name for several months over the summer. Secretly, I think I was just a little too shy to actually get things going. Was anyone even going to care what I had to write about? Do I write well enough for you to come back? Can I keep up with my peers and offer you something different? When I finally decided I would work up the courage to start, my first post was a Foodie Pen Pal Reveal day. I participated in Foodie Pen Pals for about six months. You can read more about it here in my first post! I think I will wait till tomorrow’s post to reflect on the rest!
Today I am celebrating with these Mini Funfetti Skillet Cookies! This recipe makes two small skillets (about 5” each) or a dozen cookies. I made this recipe three different times to make sure I got it just right for you. Baking in small batches is kinda tricky because every teaspoon makes a difference. This Funfetti Skillet Cookie is a soft baked cake-like cookie with a subtle vanilla flavor. It’s very delicious and really quick to put together. I loved it even more with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!Print
This Funfetti Skillet Cookie is a soft-baked cake-like cookie with a subtle vanilla flavor.
- 1/4 C Unsalted butter
- 1/4 C + 1 tsp Granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp Beaten egg
- 1 1/2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 C All-purpose flour
- 1/4 C Vanilla cake mix
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Gently beat butter on medium speed for a minute or two to soften. Add sugar and continue to beat until sugar and butter are well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, crack an egg and whisk with a fork. Measure out 2 ½ tablespoons of the beaten egg and add to mixing bowl. Discard the rest of the egg. You should scrape down the bowl before turning your mixer back on.
- Beat egg into the butter and sugar, add vanilla and continue to mix.
- Add dry ingredients: flour, vanilla cake mix, baking powder and salt. Turn mixer on low to begin and increase speed to medium after a minute or two until dough forms.
- Add sprinkles last and mix to incorporate.
- Gently spray skillet with cooking spray. Divide cookie dough between each skillet.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool completely. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
I used a 5″ skillet for this recipe. If you are making them as regular cookie, roll them in a ball and place on a line baking sheet. Baking time is about the same.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: skillet cookie, funfetti cookies, soft cookies