Moist gluten-free muffins flavored with citrusy lemon and packed with fresh raspberries.
- 9 oz Fresh raspberries, rinsed
- 2 1/2 C Gluten free flour (King Arthur brand is preferred)
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
- 1 C Granulated sugar
- 4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Large egg
- 1 C Buttermilk or milk
- 1/2 C Butter (melted)
- 1/4 C Sour cream
- 1 tsp Almond extract
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Wash and rinse raspberries. Use ¼ C of gluten free flour to coat the raspberries. Gently stir to coat the raspberries in flour. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a medium-sized bowl, measure out 2 ¼ cups of gluten free flour with xanthan gum. Add sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine and then set this mixture aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the egg using a whisk until light and fluffy. Add buttermilk and melted butter and whisk together with the egg. Then add almond extract, and sour cream and whisk everything together until smooth.
- Add fresh squeezed lemon juice and zest into wet mix and whisk until incorporated.
- Slowly pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to mix just until combined. Your batter will be thicker, but careful not to over mix! Lastly, fold in the raspberries. Do not pour in the excess flour leftover from the berries.
- Line your muffin pan and fill your muffin liners all the way to the top with batter. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425° and then reduce heat to 350° and bake for another 16-20 minutes. Do not open the oven for at least 15 minutes; you will see how nicely the muffins rise. Baking times will vary by oven.
- Check your muffins for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the muffin. If your toothpick comes out clean, your muffin is done. Allow muffins to cool completely in the pan. You can also cool on a wire rack, but you want to allow them to cool enough to remove and transport them out of the pan.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free muffins, muffins raspberry, lemon muffins