- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 C Unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 pkg Cream cheese, softened
- 3–4 C Confectionary sugar
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- Zest from 1/2 a lemon
- Allow cream cheese and butter to come to room temperature. Combine in your stand mixer and beat on medium speed until butter and cream cheese are blended together.
- Slowly add confectionary sugar one cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and lemon zest last.
- Beat until desired consistency. Add additional powdered sugar for a thicker frosting.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes for cream cheese to stiffen.