A creamy mashed sweet potato baked and topped with mini marshmallows.
- 3 Large Sweet potatoes or yams
- 1/2 C Vanilla or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Large egg yolk, beaten
- 3 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- Prepare the sweet potatoes by boiling them in a pot of water until fork tender. Peel away the skins and mash them.
- Stir in Greek Yogurt, egg yolk, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Add remaining dry ingredients: cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Stir until well mixed.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Divide filling between jelly jars. Top with mini marshmallows. Bake for 25-30 minutes until mini marshmallows are puffy and golden brown. If they are browning too early, you can cover with tin foil. Serve warm.
You can prepare a day in advance and cook right before serving. I used 8oz wide mouth jars. This recipe will fill five jars.