These Mini Lemon Bundt Cakes are covered in a vanilla glaze and shredded coconut. It’s an east Easter dessert recipe you can share with family and friends.
- 1 box (15oz) Lemon cake mix
- 1 pkg (23.4oz) instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 large egg whites
- ¾ cup buttermilk or milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon
For the glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2–3 tablespoons milk
- Juice of one lemon (optional)
- 2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F . Generously grease and flour a mini bundt pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine lemon cake mix, instant lemon pudding mix, egg whites, buttermilk, vegetable oil, sour cream and lemon juice and zest. Beat on medium speed until well mixed.
- Fill each bundt about 2/3 full. Bake at 350°F for 18-22 minutes. You will need to check this frequently toward the end. Baking time will vary completely based on how full your pan is.
- Allow the cakes to cool for 10-15 minutes before attempting to flip over. To loosen, take a toothpick and gently poke around the middle and edges of the cake.
- To prepare the glaze, sift the powder sugar into a medium sized bowl. Then add the milk, and vanilla extract, whisking until desired consistency. For a thick glaze, you may only need 2 tablespoons of milk.
- To coat the bundt, either invert and dip into the glaze or use a spoon to pour the glaze over the bundt cakes. Place on a wire rack with a pan below and allow excess glass to drip off.
- Before the glaze is set, use you hands to pat the coconut around the cake. Store in an airtight container. Fill with candy prior to serving.
- Recipe adapted from Your Cup of Cake
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Lemon Cake Recipe, Easter Dessert, Easy Easter dessert, Easter Dessert recipe, Easter dessert for kids, Lemon Dessert,