- 1 box Lemon cake mix
- 1 pk Lemon instant pudding mix (3.4oz)
- 4 Egg whites
- ¾ C Buttermilk or milk
- 1/3 C Vegetable oil
- ½ C Sour cream
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- For the glaze
- 2 C powdered sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Milk
- Lemon of one lemon (optional)
- 2 C Shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F . Grease and flour a mini bundt pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine lemon cake mix, instant lemon pudding mix, egg whites, buttermilk, vegetable oil, sour cream and lemon juice and zest. Beat on medium speed until well mix. Turn the batter over from bottom to top to be sure it is all mixed.
- Fill each bundt about 2/3 full. Bake at 350°F for 18-22 minutes. You will need to check this frequently toward the end. Baking time will vary completely based on how full they are with batter.
- Allow bundts to cool for 10-15 minutes before attempting to flip over. To loosen, take a toothpick and gently poke around the middle and edges of the cake.
- To prepare the glaze, sift the powder sugar into a medium sized bowl. Add vanilla extract. Pour milk over powdered sugar one tablespoon at a time, whisking until desired consistency. For a thick glaze, you may only need 2 tablespoons of milk.
- To coat the bundt, either invert and dip into the glaze or use a spoon to pour the glaze over the bundt cakes. I suggest to use a wire rack and a pan to drip off excess glaze.
- Before the glaze is set, use you hands to pat the coconut around the cake.
You could get more cakes if you only filled them halfway.
Recipe adapted from Your Cup of Cake.