This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
This No-Bake Chubby Hubby Pie is a vanilla malt filling with chocolate covered pretzels, peanut butter chips and a hot fudge swirl. The salty pretzel crust is the perfect compliment for this sweet pie.
I overcome with all sorts of feelings today. It feels weird just to break right into my post without addressing the terrible act of hatred that occurred in Orlando this past weekend. I’ve struggled to find the words to share how I feel. I saw an article detailing the last several mass murders that have taken place all over the US. Is this really the world we live in now? Where we can’t go to the movies, send our children school, go shopping or hang out with friends on a casual Saturday night without the chance of being attacked? My heart breaks for the victim’s family, and for those traumatized as a result of the attack. There lives will never be the same. It makes me wonder, what can I do to make a difference? I wish I had the answers.
On that note, there’s no easy way for me to transition into today’s post, so I am just going to jump right in.
Ben and Jerry’s Chubby Hubby Ice Cream is my faaaaavorite, but I can never find it anymore, it makes me think it went to the flavor graveyard. Do you know that’s a thing? That’s where Ben and Jerry’s retires their older flavors. So I decided to fix the problem and make my own Chubby Hubby Pie.
Chubby Hubby Pie is a malted vanilla ice cream filled with chocolate covered pretzels and peanut butter chips, a hot fudge swirl and a salty pretzel crust. I mean honestly, is there a better combination? I think not. I’ve been anxiously waiting to share this recipe with you!
The filling is made with cream cheese and whipped cream and a bit of malt powder, which helps add vanilla flavoring to the filling, and adds a bit of creaminess. If you don’t want to use malt powder, you could use granulated sugar or even powdered sugar.
For the crust I used small pretzel twists and grinned them into fine crumbs. Since the pretzels are a bit drier than a tradition cookie or cracker crust, you need extra butter for the crust. You can see the crust is taller than the filling, I like to press the crust up the sides as high as I can. It does help of you can freeze the crust while you are preparing the filling, it helps if the crust is firm when you add the filling so that it doesn’t fall down into your filling.
Real Chubby Hubby ice cream has a peanut butter swirl, but I have opted to use peanut butter chips instead. Between the pretzels and the peanut butter chips, this is one chunky pie. You can see by my slices that it not very clean because of all that goodness in the filling! I can’t apologize for that.
With just over one month left to the official launch of my cookbook, you’re going to hear a lot more about it around these parts! I’ve got a number of recipes lined up to share with you, along with some new no-bake treats to get you through the summer. Remember, if you preorder the book, you can enter to win the ultimate Wilton No-Bake package! I would love one of you guys to win! Keep an eye out for more updates next week as I prepare to head to QVC!
Keep up with all the happenings. Follow Beyond Frosting:
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
If you love no-bake recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, No-Bake Treats!
No-Bake Chubby Hubby Pie
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 slices
Inspired by the famous Ben & Jerry’s ice cream flavor, this Chubby Hubby Pie is an easy, creamy, no-bake dessert recipe!
- For the filling:
- 2 cups pretzel crumbs (about 6 cups of mini pretzel twists)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups heavy whipped cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup malt powder
- 12 chocolate covered pretzels, chopped
- ¼ cup peanut butter chips
- 1/3 cup hot fudge sauce
- For the topping:
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- For the crust: Grind the pretzels into a fine crumb using a food processor or blender. Combine the pretzel crumbs with sugar.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds. Pour the melted butter over the pretzel crumbs and stir until the crumbs as well coated.
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan with parchment paper. Gently grease the sides of pan with a thin coating of cooking spray. Press the crumbs into bottom and up the sides of the pan. Refrigerate the crust until the filling is prepared.
- For the filling: Put your mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes until it is completely cold. Beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed for several minutes until it starts to thicken. Add the powdered sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Set the whipped cream aside.
- Allow the cream cheese to soften at room temperature for about 30 minutes or soften in the microwave. To soften in the microwave, remove the wrapper and place the cream cheese on a plate. Microwave for 15 to 20 seconds.
- In your mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed for 2 to 3 minutes. Proceed to add the malt powder and continue beating for another 2 to 3 minutes until the sugar is well incorporated, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Fold the prepared whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Gently turn over from the bottom to the top until it’s well mixed.
- Break apart the chocolate covered pretzels and fold into the filling along with the peanut butter chips.
- Heat the hot fudge sauce according to the instruction on the jar. Pour 1/3 of the filling into the prepared crust. Swirl a couple of tablespoons over top of the filling and swirl the fudge sauce with a knife. Repeat these steps again with the second layer. Add the third layer of filling and drizzle the remaining hot fudge sauce on top. Sprinkle with leftover peanut butter chips.
- For the topping: Put your mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer for 10 to15 minutes until it is completely cold. Beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed for several minutes until it starts to thicken. Add the powdered sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Pipe the whipped cream along the borders of the cheesecake. This pie must be refrigerated.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Refrigerator
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no bake pie, easy dessert recipes, no bake desserts
Visit Beyond Frosting’s profile on Pinterest.
You might also like:
No-Bake Peanut Butter Banana Pie
No-Bake Peanut Butter Snickers Pie
Recipes from my friends:
Chubby Hubby Cookie Bars
Chubby Hubby Soft Pretzels with Dip
God, I couldn’t keep my eyes off your pictures. This cake is so delicious that it’s watering in my mouth now. Thanks for your recipe. Hope that I could make it myself to serve my family.
I like all the yummy mix ins! That was one of my dad’s favorite ice creams too!