A coconut and lime filled cheesecake bar with a buttery graham cracker crust.
For the crust
- 2 pkg Graham crackers (about 3 cups of crumbs)
- 3 tbsp Brown sugar
- 6–7 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp Corn syrup
For the filling
- 2 C Heavy cream
- 1/4 C Powered sugar
- 16 oz Cream cheese
- 1/4 C Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp Coconut extract
- Zest of 2 limes
- Juice of half a lime
- 3/4 C Shredded coconut
- 1/4 C Macadamia nuts, chopped
- Prepare the crust by grinding the graham crackers into a fine crumb. Combine with brown sugar.
- Melt butter (6 tbsp) in a microwave safe bowl and pour over graham cracker crumbs. Add corn syrup. Stir until graham cracker crumbs are fully coated. If still dry, add 1 more tablespoon of melted butter.
- Gently press crust into a 9×13” pan. Set aside.
- To prepare the filling, make the whipped cream. Combine heavy whipping cream with powdered sugar. Whip with the wire whisk attachment on medium-high until stuff peaks form. Refrigerate to keep cold.
- Beat cream cheese and brown sugar on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes. Add heavy cream and beat on high for another 2 minutes.
- Add coconut extract and zest in the limes. Squeeze the juice of half a lime into the cream cheese mixture. Beat into cream cheese until well mixed.
- Add shredded coconut and beat to combine.
- Remove the whipped cream from the refrigerator and gently fold into the cream cheese mixture until mixed. Take care so as not to deflate the whipped cream. Pour over crust and spread with a knife to distribute evenly.
- Use a food processor to grind macadamia nuts into crumbs. Sprinkle over top of the bars.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours. Keep refrigerated.