These No-Bake Red Velvet Cheesecake Shooters are the perfect individually portioned mason jar dessert!
- 6 oz dark chocolate chips
- 1 ½ c + 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese
- 1 tbsp no-taste red food coloring gel
- 1 – ½ cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- In a microwave-proof bowl, place dark chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons heavy cream. Heat in the microwave for 60 seconds. Remove an immediately whisk until smooth.
- Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes until cool or refrigerate to cool off.
- Place mixing bowl and wire whisk attachment in the freezer for 5-10 minutes until bowl is cold. Pour 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream into chilled bow. Beat heavy whipping cream on medium-high speed for 2 minutes until cream becomes bubbly. Slowly add powdered sugar and increase speed to high and beat until stiff peaks form (3-5 minutes). Measure out ¾ cup of whipped cream for the topping. Set remaining aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat cream cheese on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add melted chocolate mixture and beat until mixture is smooth.
- Add no-taste red food coloring gel about 1 teaspoon at a time, and fold into mixture until desired red color is reach. I would suggest a darker red as opposed to a nice bright red. This requires less food coloring.
- Gently fold prepared whipped cream (all but ¾ cup) into the cream cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate cheesecake for about one hour until slightly firm.
- To assemble the parfaits:
- Use a food processor to grind up Oreos into a fine crumb.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter for about 30 seconds.
- Combine melted butter with Oreo cookie crumbs and mix thoroughly.
- Assemble your parfaits by adding two tablespoons of the Oreo crumbs into the bottom of your parfaits. Follow with about ¼ cup of the chocolate filling and top with remaining prepared whipped cream right before serving.
The filling is pretty soft when you finish mixing it all together, so I do suggest to refrigerate it for at least one hour if you want to use a piping bag to make that pretty swirl in the parfait. However, if you want to spoon it directly into your parfait cups and refrigerate, that is fine to. If you do refrigerate this overnight, the cheesecake will be firm, so I suggest to allow it to sit at room temperature for at least 20-30 minutes before serving. And the whipped cream right before serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Refrigerator
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no-bake dessert, dessert jar, easy dessert recipes