- 12 oz Dark chocolate chips
- 1 C Heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 C Whiskey
- 1 pk (8oz) Cream cheese
- 1 Container (8oz) Cool Whip
- 2 C Oreo crumbs
- 1/4 C Unsalted butter, melted
- 10 Strawberries, sliced
- In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream over medium-low heat just until bubbling. Stir to prevent the cream from burning.
- In a heatproof bowl, place dark chocolate chips in the bowl and pour heated heavy cream over top of the chocolate. Allow to sit for 10 minutes until the chocolate has melted slightly. Whisk until smooth. If the chocolate is not all melted, microwave the chocolate mixture in 15-20 second increments in the microwave.
- Add whiskey and stir into melted chocolate
- Allow mixture to cool and refrigerate until slightly firm. I cooled in the fridge for about an hour.
- In a mixing bowl, combine chocolate mixture with cream cheese. Beat until mixture is smooth. Add Cool Whip and continue to beat until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Use a food processor to grind up Oreo cookies into a fine crumb. Note that I did remove the white filling from the Oreos and just used the cookie part.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter for about 30 seconds.
- Combine melted butter with Oreo crumbs and mix thoroughly. If the mixture still feels too dry, add an additional tablespoon of butter and pop back in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Wash, dry and dice strawberries into small pieces.
- Assemble your parfaits by adding two tablespoons of the Oreo crumbs into the bottom of your parfaits. Follow with about 1/4 cup of the chocolate filling and top with strawberries. Garnish with additional Oreo crumbs.