This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
I couldn’t really define the exact title of this recipe. It’s like a RKT because it is held together with marshmallow. It’s like a RKT because the main ingredient is a cereal. It’s packed with peppermint candy and white chocolate. One thing is for sure, there is no-baking required.
Put that all together and you’ve got a No-Bake White Chocolate Peppermint Sugar Cookie Bar. I know it’s a mouthful, but trust me when I say that you will want a mouthful of these sugar cookie bars.
A few weeks ago, my friends at General Mills sent me over a box of Sugar Cookie Toast Crunch. I mean really? That deserves a #winning. We are total cereal binge eaters in our house. We have a favorite cereal that usually goes in waves. We buy a few boxes that last for maybe a week and usually make up a meal (almost always dinner). I opened the box of Sugar Cookie Toast Crunch pretty immediately and started eating it by the handful.
This cereal is defiantly sweet and has hints of vanilla flavor. I knew it would make the perfect cereal bar treat. I wanted to kick it up a notch and add some peppermint and white chocolate.
These bars start with some melted marshmallows and peppermint flavored chocolate. I used Hershey’s Peppermint Kisses, but any peppermint candy would work. I melted them together and poured it over the cereal. You simply mix it all together and pour it into a greased pan. Adding a little Crisco or cooking spray to the bottom of the pan will help them release easier.
This recipe makes enough to fill a deep dish 9” square pan. Or what you can do is pour it in a 9”x13” pan and then just pack it into one side. I like a nice thick bar, so that is why I prefer the 9” square pan.
For the topping, I just melted white chocolate and poured it over the top. I prefer to use a melting wafer like Candiquik, because it is SO much easier! You can find Candiquik in the baking asile. You can also use white chocolate chips, in which case, I suggest to add a tablespoon of Crisco. It helps melt down the chocolate and makes it smoother to pour.
If you are in need of a last minute holiday treat, this is especially great for kids!
Keep up with all the happenings. Subscribe at the end of this post.
Follow Beyond Frosting:Print
- 1 Bag Mini Marshmallows
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter
- ½ C Peppermint Chocolate, crushed
- 1 Box Sugar Cookie Toast Crunch
- 9 oz White melting chocolate (Candiquik)
- Grease a 9”x9” pan with Crisco or cooking spray.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, combine mini marshmallows, butter and peppermint chocolate. Stir over medium heat until melted.
- Empty the bag of Sugar Cookie Toast Crunch into a large mixing bowl. Pour melted marshmallow mixture over cereal and stir until well combined. Spoon into greased pan. Gently pat down with a spatula or wax paper.
- Microwave white melting chocolate in 30 second increments. Remove from microwave and stir each time. Pour melted white chocolate over top of bars. Allow to set until chocolate has hardened.
Cocoa Pebble Marshmallow Treats from Chef in Training
Peanut Butter Snack Mix Bars from Julie’s Eats and Treats
Funfetti Rice Krispie Treat Fruit Kabobs from Mom on Timeout
Other recipe you might like: