This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
These chewy Oatmeal Caramel Apple Cookies are the perfect addition to your fall baking! They’re so easy and loaded with cozy flavors.
Welcome back to apple week! It feels weird to talk about fall when I was laying by the pool this past weekend, as California has been enduring a heat wave lately. Last year over Labor Day, I took my boyfriend back to Vermont. It was really fun to play tourist again. We went apple picking (of coarse), got pumpkin ice cream and cider donuts from the local farm stand and rode the alpine slides and zip line at Bromley mountain.
I always talked about my favorite things to do in fall, and now he understands. I am pretty sure he is not bummed when my Dad ships me some cider donuts. We even bought apples back on the plane with us! It’s a thing people.
Over Labor Day weekend, I made these Oatmeal Caramel Apple Cookie. The cookies barely made it into the oven, not because it was 95 degrees outside, but I couldn’t stop eating the cookie dough. I might just have to make myself another batch without eggs so I don’t feel so bad sneaking a spoonful. These cookies are packed with apple, walnuts, cinnamon and a caramel center. There is just something about the combination of caramel and apples that leaves you wanting more and more.
I think these are best served fresh from the oven. I should know, I ate about five of them. These have the perfect amount of spice, with soft apple bites and a sweet caramel center.Print
These chewy Oatmeal Caramel Apple Cookies are the perfect addition to your fall baking!
For the apples:
- 1 1/2 C Chopped apples
- 1/4 C Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp All purpose flour
For the cookies:
- 1 C Unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
- 3/4 C Granulated sugar
- 3/4 C Brown sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Maple syrup
- 2 1/4 C All purpose flour
- 1 pk Instant vanilla pudding (3.4 oz)
- 1 1/2 C Oats
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Apple pie spice
- 3/4 C Walnuts
- 1 pk Kraft Caramel squares
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Start by chopping apples into small pieces, about the size of a dime. You will need 2-3 apples. In a separate bowl, combine sugar and flour and stir to coat apples. Set aside.
- Allow butter to come to room temperature. Combine with both granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat on medium speed for several minutes until very well combined. Mixture should be smooth
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat until well mixed. Add vanilla extract and maple syrup and mix into batter after both eggs have been added.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl: flour, vanilla pudding mix, oats, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and apple pie spice. Slowly add dry ingredients to the batter and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Slowly add apples and walnuts to dough and beat on low speed just until combined.
- Line cookie sheet with baking mat or parchment paper
- Using a medium sized cooking scoop (about 3 tablespoons), place dough on cookie sheet. Use your thumb to press into the middle of the dough ball to make a hole. Place an unwrapped caramel in the middle. Use your fingers to pinch the edges back together so that caramel is fully covered with cookie dough.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes until the edges turn light brown. Allow to cool on the pan for several minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to three days. Reheat in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to soften caramel.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oatmeal cookies, apple cookies, easy cookie recipes