This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
You can’t go wrong with an Oatmeal Salted Caramel Pretzel Cookie. There’s a ribbon of caramel, chopped pretzels, chocolate chips and a salted caramel coated pretzel on top. Salty meets sweet in the best way possible.
I just love fall weekends! The air is a bit more crisp, if you’re lucky the leaves are changing colors and everyone is sipping on pumpkin spice lattes (p.s. why did I wait so long to try them?!).
Every October I look forward to our weekend at the local pumpkin patch where we do a cookout and host family and friends. The event is put on by my boyfriend’s family for their company employees. This year we successfully navigated the corn maze for the first time, I was impressed with myself.
I of course was on dessert duty. This year I made a batch of my Coffee Cake Snickerdoodle Cupcakes, which are always a crowd pleaser. I also made up 2 recipes on the fly. One was an Oreo cupcake and the other was a different variation of my pumpkin poke cake.
Luckily I had some assistance in the kitchen because my little brother and his girlfriend were visiting and they were more than happy to help. I should have rewarded them with some of these Oatmeal Salted Caramel Pretzels Cookies.
Several weeks ago, I received a pretty stellar package of Mini Salted Caramel Pretzels from nuts.com and I broke into them right away. They were so freaking good!!
I knew I wanted to use them in some cookies or brownies and I immediately thought about my Bourbon Salted Caramel Cookies. These are cookies I make whenever there’s a party going on.
For this recipe I chopped up some pretzels for the inside of the cookie and also put a little pretzel on top of the cookies when they were done baking. The pretzels are a perfect compliment to the already salty caramel and chocolate chips in this cookie.
After making this recipe several times I’ve made some minor adjustments. I prefer a nice and thick cookies so I tend to keep them in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. I always pre scoop them onto a cookie sheet then pull them out as needed. For this recipe, I reduced the amount of oats to accommodate the pretzels.
The dough will be quite soft because of the hot caramel so the time in the refrigerator prevents the cookies from spreading.
You could definitely use regular mini pretzels or even mini chocolate covered pretzels. However, I’m telling you, you have to try these salted caramel pretzels from nuts.com, they are super good! I haven’t seen them anywhere else, so if you find them, please let me know!
This post is not sponsored by Nuts.com but they did provide me with product free of charge.
Follow Beyond Frosting:
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
If you love no-bake recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, No-Bake Treats!Print
Oatmeal Salted Caramel Pretzel Cookies
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 30 cookies
These Oatmeal Salted Caramel Pretzel Cookies are the perfect combination of sweet and salty flavors!
- 1 cup Kraft caramel bites
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted butter
- 1 cup Light brown sugar
- ¾ cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1½ ounces Bourbon (optional)
- ½ teaspoons Pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 3/4 cups Quick oats
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 cup Chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini salted caramel pretzels, loosely chopped
- Additional pretzels for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine caramel bites, milk and sea salt. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time. Caramel will be very hot and can burn easily. Stir until completely smooth and set aside to cool.
- Soften butter in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Combine softened butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until well combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs, bourbon and vanilla extract. Beat until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, quick oats, salt and baking soda. Stir to combine and slowly add into batter, mixing on low speed until dough starts to form.
- Once caramel has cooled, add to cookie dough along with chocolate chips and chopped pretzels. Beat until all ingredients are combined.
- These cookies are best if the dough is refrigerated for 30 minutes. You can pre scoop the dough to make it easier to handle.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of dough onto a lined baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes until cookies start to turn light brown. Remove from oven and gently press a pretzel into the middle of the cookies.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10-15 minutes before moving onto a wire rack to cool.
Prep time includes 30 minutes for the dough to rest in the refrigerator. If you want to omit the bourbon, substitute vanilla extract
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy cookie recipes, oatmeal cookies, pretzel cookies
You might also like:
Bourbon Salted Carmel Oatmeal Cookies
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Cookies
Brownie Brittle Toffee Cookie Cups
There are so many aspects of these cookies that sound delicious! Yum!
These cookies sound so fun! Salted caramel pretzels on top sound awesome!
Maybe its the weather, but I am seriously craving some good cookies lately! These look perfect.
First of all…love, love, love your new design! So pretty and clean looking! And second…salted caramel pretzels? I need to have those in my life! Love the use of them in these fun cookies too!!!
I’m joining you in the maze next year for sure! Your desserts looked amazing and the faces of those enjoying proved they were delicious. I have a little more time before I can partake in sugar, but when I do……….
So great seeing you; too short, but soooo great.