- 4 Large peaches
- 1/4 C Light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 C Chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Spiced rum (optional)
- 2 C Walkers Shortbread Crumbs (2 boxes)
For the Whipped Cream:
- 2 C Heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp Pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Caramel to drizzle
- Cookies for garnish
- Wash and slice peaches into thin slices. Toss peaches with brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and walnuts to ensure all peaches are thoroughly coated.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and continue to stir until butter turns to a golden brown (3-5 minutes).
- Add peaches to browned butter followed by vanilla extract and rum. Use a spatula to turn peaches over to coat with butter. Simmer over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes until peaches are soft but not mushy. Stir occasionally to prevent them from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Once finished, allow to cool completely.
- While the peaches are cooking, use a food processor to grind up shortbread cookies into a fine crumb. For this recipe, I used two boxes of Walkers Shortbread Rounds. It makes just under two cups. You can use any flavor of their buttered shortbreads for this recipe.
- For homemade whipped cream, I always put my bowl and whisk in the freezer for 10 minutes before making it. The added coldness helps keep the whipping cream cool while it is mixing. Using the wire whisk attachment, whip heavy cream on medium-high speed for several minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly add maple syrup one tablespoon at a time, ensuring that each tablespoon is well mixed before adding the next. Add cinnamon. Feel free to add more for a more intense cinnamon taste.
- To assemble the parfaits, spoon about 1/2 cup of shortbread crumbs in the bottom of each glass. Divide peaches evenly among the 4 glasses and top with whipped cream.
- I garnished these with caramel drizzle and with a Walkers Petticoat Tail Shortbreads
- Serve immediately or keep refrigerated until ready to serve.