- 1 1/2 C Unsalted butter (3 sticks) at room temperature
- 1 C Jif Whips Peanut Butter Pumpkin Spice spread
- 5 C Confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp Pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- 2 tbsp Heavy whipped cream
- Allow butter to soften to room temperature but not so soft that it’s melting.
- Using the whisk attachment on your stand mixer, whip butter for 3-5 minutes on medium-high speed until butter starts to lighten in color. You can’t really over whip here, so don’t be too concerned.
- Add Jif Whips spread and continue to beat on medium-high speed until well combined.
- Slowly add confectionary sugar, one cup at a time; ensure sugar is well mixed before adding the next cup. Add pumpkin pie spcie.
- Last, add heavy whipping cream and continue to beat on medium high speed for another few minutes until you reach desired consistency. The higher the speed you use to whip, the lighter the frosting becomes.
This recipe makes enough to frost 24 cupcakes. For a more stiff frosting, add additional powdered sugar. Otherwise, for a thinner frosting, add less powered sugar and a little bit of extra heavy whipping cream.