These Peppermint Cream Pie Cookies are a dark chocolate cookie with a peppermint cookie crust. They are filled with a peppermint mousse and topped with a peppermint whipped cream. They are a peppermint lovers dream.
- For the cookies
- 1 pkg Candy Cane Oreos
- 4–6 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 C (2 sticks) Unsalted butter
- 1 C Sugar
- ¾ C Brown sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 pk Chocolate pudding mix (3.4oz)
- ¼ C Dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 2¼ C Flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Milk
- For the mousse
- 2 C Heavy whipping cream
- 6 tbsp Powdered sugar
- 1/4–1/2 tsp Peppermint extract
- 1 Pkg Instant White chocolate pudding mix
- ¾ C Milk
- Red food gel coloring
- Hot fudge for drizzle (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a mini muffin pan with cookie spray or Crisco.
- Allow butter to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes. Combine butter and sugars in your stand mixer and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Beat into butter and sugar until thoroughly mixed.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, dry pudding mix, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into batter and beat on a low speed until dough starts to form. If dough is a little dry, add 1 tablespoon of milk. Set dough aside.
- Use a food processor to grind Oreo cookies into a fine crumb.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl until melted. Combine melted butter with Oreo cookie crumbs and stir until there are no dry crumbs left.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of Oreo cookie crumbs into the bottom of the mini muffin pan. Press down with a spoon or tart shaper.
- Drop 1-1.5 tablespoons of dough into the greased mini muffin pan on top of the shortbread crumbs. Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Use a tart shaper or the back of a spoon to gently push down the middle of the cookies. Allow to cool for another 30 minutes in the pan. You may need to run a knife around the edge of the cookies to help release them from the pan. Cool completely.
- Put bowl and whisk in the freezer for 15 minutes until completely cold. Whip heavy cream on medium high speed for several minutes until bubbly.
- Add powdered sugar and peppermint extract and beat on medium high until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate whipped cream.
- Combine instant white chocolate pudding mix with milk and red food coloring gel. Whisk until powder dissolves. Refrigerate until pudding is firm.
- Take 1 cup of the whipped cream and fold into pudding until mixed. Do not mix vigorously as it will deflate the whipped cream. Refrigerate until you are ready to assemble cookies.
- To assemble the cookies, put the mousse in a Ziploc bag. Cut the tip off the end of the bag and gently fill the middle of the cookie cup with mousse. Divide between cookie cups.
- Top mousse with a dollop of the leftover whipped cream and drizzle hot fudge on top.
- Cookies must be refrigerated in an air tight container after the mousse has been added.
Do you want a peppermint whipped cream on top or a plain whipped cream on top? If you want a plain whipped cream, mix heavy whipping cream until still peaks form. Remove 2 cups of whipped cream and then add peppermint extract to the remaining whipped cream. Peppermint extract can be overwhelming for some, start with ¼ tsp and then add more as desired.