This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
Layers of peppermint cookie dough flavored with peppermint marshmallows and peppermint M&Ms atop a fudgey brownie packed with peppermint Oreos.
Who wants one last peppermint treat to close out cookie week? I know I do! After the success of my Marshmallow Oreo Brookies, I figured we needed a peppermint version!
These Peppermint Marshmallow Oreo Brookies have triple the peppermint flavor. The cookie dough layer has peppermint marshmallows and peppermint M&Ms. Between the cookie dough and brownie layer you’ve got peppermint Oreos. Triple peppermint threat.
Brookies are just downright awesome. You’ve got all three of the best snacks: brownies, Oreos and a chocolate chip cookie. Peppermint Oreos can be difficult to find, so if you can’t find peppermint Oreos, feel free to use the “winter” version with the red filling.
This recipe is designed to be baked in a 9”x13”pan. I highly suggest to line your pan with a Silpat, parchment paper or tin foil. Prepare your brownie layer first. I prefer to use Betty Crocker’s Fudgey brownie mix, but you can use any boxed brownie mix, just follow the ingredients listed below. The brownie mix will be thick, so you should spread it with a spatula. Then line the top with your Oreos.
For the cookie dough layer, it will be thick. I’ve packed in peppermint marshmallows and peppermint M&Ms. In order to put the cookie dough on top, you will need to roll up your sleeves and gets your hands dirty. Use the palms of your hands to press together the cookie dough and place on top of the Oreos. If you have extra M&Ms, you can place them into the top of the cookie dough.
I have been baking a TON of cookies lately and my freezer is overflowing. So I packed these up and shipped them off to my dad in Vermont. He was quite surprised and I am sure ate quite a few before deciding to share. These Peppermint Marshmallow Oreo Brookies around bound disappear quick!
Keep up with all the happenings. Subscribe at the end of this post.
Follow Beyond Frosting:Print
Layers of peppermint cookie dough flavored with marshmallows and peppermint M&Ms atop a fudge brownie packed with peppermint Oreos.
- 1 Box brownie mix
- 1 Large egg
- 1/3 C Vegetable oil
- 1/4 C Milk
- 1 Pkg Peppermint Oreos
- For the cookie
- 1/2 C (1 stick) Unsalted butter
- 1/2 C Light brown sugar
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 C All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 C Kraft Mini Jet- Puffed Peppermint Marshmallows
- 3/4 C Peppermint M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine brownie mix, egg, vegetable oil and milk. Beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Line a 9×13” pan with parchment paper or a baking mat. Pour brownie mixture over the baking mat and spread evenly. Line up Oreos in rows on top of the brownie layer.
- For the cookie
- Soften butter in the microwave 10-15 seconds. Combine butter with both light brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix until smooth and mixture becomes fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until egg is thoroughly incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add flour mixture to dough batter while mixing at a low speed. Once all the flour has been added, increase speed to medium until dough forms. Add marshmallows and Peppermint M&Ms.
- Take the cookie dough and flatten in the palms of your hands Drop chunks onto the top of the brownie mixture, gently pressing them down into brownie batter.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes at 350°F. Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting. Since I used a baking mat, I was able to completely remove the sheet of brookies from the pan before cutting.
Recipes from my friends:
Peppermint Seven Layer Bars from The Domestic Rebel
Hot Chocolate Cookies with Peppermint Glaze from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Red Velvet Brookies from Something Swanky
Other recipes you might like:
Peppermint Cream Thumbprint Cookies