A soft and cake like pumpkin cookie stuffed with chocolate chips and topped with a brown sugar pecan streusel.
- 1 C Pumpkin puree
- 1/2 C Honey
- 1/4 C Oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Large egg
- 2 1/4 C Flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda dissolved in 1 tsp milk
For the Streusel
- 1/4 C flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 C pecans
- 3 tbsp cold butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, honey, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture and mix slowly.
- Mix in chocolate chip cookies.
- In a shallow glass, combine baking soda and milk. Stir to dissolve baking soda. Mix into dough.
- Prepare the streusel by combining the flour, brown sugar and pecans in a small bowl. Cut butter into the dry ingredients with a fork or pastry cutter until it resembles a fine crumb.
- Drop by the tablespoon on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Spoon streusel onto the top of each cookie and gently press down.
- Bake at 375°F for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for several minutes before transferring for a wire rack to cool.