A tender, moist pumpkin muffins with a brown sugar, walnut streusel.
For the muffins
- 1 C Oil
- 2 C Sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 C Pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 2 1/2 C Flour
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 C Walnuts, chopped
For the streusel
- 6 tbsp Flour
- 4 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1/2C Walnuts, chopped
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Generously grease muffin pan.
- In your mixing bowl, beat oil with sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Add pumpkin and beat until well incorporated.
- In a smaller, separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until the dry ingredients are mixed in, no need to over mix. Fold in walnuts last.
- Prepare the streusel. Combine flour, brown sugar and walnuts in a microwave safe bowl. Add butter on top and microwave for 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and use a knife and fork to cut the butter into the dry ingredients. You should end up with a clumpy topping.
- Divide batter evenly between 12 muffin cups, each one will be filled close to the top. Sprinkle a heaping tablespoon of the streusel on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F. After 5 minutes, reduce to 350°F and bake for another 18 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 30-45 minutes in the pan so the muffin will hold its shape.