This Pumpkin S’more Poke Cake is a pumpkin cake with a graham cracker crust. It is soaked with chocolate pudding and topped with a marshmallow whipped cream.
- For the crust:
- 2 ¼ C Chocolate (or regular) graham cracker crumbs
- ½ C Unsalted butter, melted
- For the Cake:
- 1 box Spice cake mix
- 1 pkg Instant pumpkin spice pudding (3.4 0z)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 3 Large eggs
- ½ C oil
- ¾ C Milk
- ½ C Sour Cream
- For the topping:
- 1 pkg Instant chocolate pudding (3.4 oz)
- 1 ¾ C Milk
- 1 7oz jar Marshmallow Cream
- 1 ¾ C Heavy whipping cream
- 1 C Powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Crushed graham crackers to sprinkle
- Hot Fudge sauce for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Use a food processor to crush graham crackers into a fine crumb.
- Melt butter in the microwave and pour over graham cracker crumbs. Stir until there are no dry crumbs left. Pour crumbs in the bottom of a 9” by 13” pan and gently pat down to form a crust.
- Prepare the cake first. Mix all dry ingredients in your mixing bowl and mix slightly to combine.
- Add eggs, oil, milk and sour cream. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Bake cake for 18-22 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, your cake is done.
- Allow cake to cool for 15 minutes. While the cake is still warm, take the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes all over the top of your cake.
- Once cake has cooled to the touch, prepare the pudding. In a separate bowl, combine the instant pudding and milk together. Whisk until well combined. Before the pudding sets, while it is still pourable, dump the pudding over top of the cake and spread with a spatula if necessary.
- Allow the pudding and cake to set in the fridge for at least an hour. In the meantime, you can prepare your whipped cream.
- Empty jar of marshmallow cream into the mixing bowl. Whisk on medium-low speed, adding 1 tablespoon of heavy cream at a time until the mixture resemble a liquid consistency. Increase speed to medium high and pour in remaining heavy cream.
- Beat heavy whipping cream on medium-high speed. Slowly added powdered sugar and a pinch of salt and increasing speed to high and beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over cooled cake.
- Garnish with crushed graham crackers and drizzle with hot fudge sauce.