A giant pumpkin spice pudding cookie with whipped vanilla buttercream
For the cookie
- 3/4 C Granulated sugar
- 1/4 C Brown sugar
- 1/2 C Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ C Flour
- 1 pk Instant pumpkin spice pudding mix (3.4 oz)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C Pumpkin Spice Morsels
For the frosting
- 1/2 C (1 stick) Unsalted butter
- 4 C Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Milk or heavy cream
For the ganache
- 2 oz Pumpkin morsels
- 1 tbsp Heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line the bottom a spring form pan with parchment paper or grease a 9” round pan.
- Microwave butter for 10-15 seconds to soften. Combine butter and both sugars in your stand mixer and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Beat into butter and sugar until thoroughly mixed.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, dry pudding mix, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into batter and beat on a low speed until dough starts to form. Add pumpkin spice (or white chocolate) morsels and mix to combine.
- Gently press dough into round pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes until top starts to turn brown in color. All cookie to cool completely.
For the frosting
- Cut butter into pieces. Using the paddle attachment, whip butter for 5-7 minutes, scraping down the bowl occasionally. Beat until butter look light in color.
- Add 2 C powdered sugar and mix on low speed until incorporated into butter.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Add additional 2 C powdered sugar along with the milk and beat on low speed until sugar is incorporated. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for 3 minutes until frosting is light and fluffy. Frost cooled cake.
- To make the ganache, combine pumpkin morsels and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30-60 seconds until morsels are melted. Stir until smooth and drizzle over frosting.