What is a Rice Krispie Treat S’more you might ask? It’s two thin Rice Krispie Treats that are layered with marshmallow frosting, sprinkled with graham crackers and dipped in chocolate. These also have peanut butter in them! Lot’s of peanut butter and a little bit of chocolate!
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter
- ¾ pkg Mini Marshmallows
- ½ C Peanut Butter
- 6 C Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 Jar Marshmallow fluff
- 3 C Powdered sugar
- 8 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/2 C Graham cracker crumbs
- 6–8 oz Chocolate Candy Melts
- 1 tbsp Crisco or Vegetable oil
- Prepare the Rice Krispies treats by combining butter, peanut butter and mini marshmallows in a medium sized sauce pan. Stir over medium heat until marshmallows are melted. Pour the cereal in the sauce pan and stir until well mixed.
- Grease a large baking pan or cookie sheet (I used 12”x17”) or two smaller pans with Crisco. Spoon cereal and marshmallow mixture into the pan. Use a spatula and spread evenly. Use a piece of wax paper over the top and gently press mixture into pan. You want to have somewhat of a thin layer of Rice Krispie Treats (about ½” thick), which is why I suggest using two pans. Leave them to harden for at least 30 minutes.
- To prepare the frosting, combine marshmallow fluff and powered sugar. Beat on low speed until powdered sugar is mixed into fluff. Increase speed to medium high and beat until light and fluffy. Spoon frosting into a piping bag or Ziploc bag. Cut off the tip of the bag about ½” up.
- Use a juice glass or cookie cutter and cut your Rice Krispies treats into circles.
- Pipe a dollop of frosting on the back of the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup and place in the center of one of your Rice Krispie discs. Pipe frosting around the Reese’s Cup.
- Make graham cracker cubs by crushing in a Ziploc bag or grinding them into crumbs using a food processor. Spoon some graham cracker crumbs on top and cover with a second Rice Krispie treat disc.
- Use a microwave safe bowl and melt chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring after each 30 seconds until chocolate is melted. Stir in one tablespoon Crisco or vegetable oil to help thin out candy melts.
- Dip Rice Krispies Sandwich into chocolate and put on wax paper to allow chocolate to set; less than five minutes.
If you prefer a homemade marshmallow frosting, check out this recipe.