For the cupcakes
- 1 box Chocolate cake mix
- 3 Large eggs
- 1/4 C Water
- 1/2 C Milk
- 1/2 C Vegetable oil
- 1/2 C Sour cream
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 3 tsp Root beer concentrate
For the frosting
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold.
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (or milk)
- Preheat Oven to 350° F.
- Combine cake mix with all ingredients. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners and fill each cup 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the cupcake. If the toothpick comes out clean, your cupcakes are done.
- Allow cupcakes to cool for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool them completely.
- For the frosting: Cut the butter into pieces. Using the paddle attachment, whip the butter for 5-7 minutes, scraping down the bowl occasionally, beating until the butter look light in color.
- Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and mix on low speed until incorporated into the butter then add the vanilla extract and mix to combine. Beat for about 60 seconds.
- Next, add an additional 2 cups of powdered sugar and beat on low speed until sugar is incorporated. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for 3 minutes.
- Add last 1 cup powdered sugar along with the heavy whipping cream. Beat on low until the ingredients start to mix together. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for another 3-5 minutes to whip additional air into the frosting.
- Category: Cupcakes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Rootbeer cake, Rootbeer cupcakes