This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
I know the title is a mouthful, but you will be more than happy with a mouthful of these Salted Caramel Brownie Brittle Oatmeal Cookies. I made a bourbon salted caramel cookie a few months back and it only seemed fitting that I make a batch of these cookies with a Brownie Brittle™ streusel on top.
These oatmeal cookies are packed with double the Brownie Brittle™. Not only is there a streusel topping, but there is a piece of Brownie Brittle™ baked right into the bottom of the cookie! That’s right. To make these cookies you start with a piece of Salted Caramel Brownie Brittle™ and put a scoop of cookie dough right on top of the brittle. As the cookie bakes, it spreads out over the brittle on the bottom.
For the caramel swirl, I melted the caramel with a little bit of milk and swirled it into the cookie dough right at the end. After baking, the caramel actually stays soft! It’s one of my favorite parts of this cookie. I also sprinkled a little sea salt on the caramel. Salted caramel is never a bad thing.
I’ve been pretty cookie obsessed lately. Could you imagine if you sandwiched some frosting in between these cookies? Nom nom nom. I’ve got lots of events coming up in the next few weeks, so these cookies will be making another appearance for sure!
Keep up with all the happenings. Follow Beyond Frosting:
This post is sponsored by Brownie Brittle™ but all thoughts and opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links.
These oatmeal cookies are packed with double the Brownie Brittle™. Not only is there a streusel topping, but there is a piece of Brownie Brittle™ baked right into the bottom of the cookie!
- 1 C (2 sticks) Unsalted butter
- 1 C Light brown sugar
- 3/4 C Granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 C All-purpose Flour
- 2 C Quick oats
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 C Caramel squares
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 C Chocolate Chips.
For the streusel
- 1 C Salted Caramel Brownie Brittle™ crumbs
- 1/2 C Flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 4 tbsp Unsalted butter, softened
- 1–2 Bags (4oz) Salted Caramel Brownie Brittle™
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Soften butter in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Combine softened butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until well combined; 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Beat until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, quick oats, salt and baking soda. Stir to combine and slowly add into batter, mixing on low speed until dough starts to form.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine caramel bites, milk and sea salt. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time. Caramel will be very hot and can burn easily. Once caramel is melted and smooth, add to cookie dough along with chocolate chips. Beat until combined.
- Prepare the streusel. Grind up Brownie Brittle™ into a fine crumb. Combine with sugar and flour.
- Soften butter in the microwave 10-15 seconds. Add to dry ingredients and cut into dry ingredients with forks or a pastry cutter.
- To make the cookies, put a piece of Salted Caramel Brownie Brittle™ down on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of dough into your hand and roll into Brownie Brittle™ streusel to slightly flatten the top of the cookie. Place on top of the brittle on the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 12-16 minutes until cookies start to turn light brown. Wait for 10-15 minutes before moving onto a wire rack to cool.
If your dough seems to soft after mixing, try refrigerating for 15-20 minutes before baking your first batch of cookies. If your dough is too soft it will spread. Or try a test batch with two or three cookies before baking the rest of your batter.
Recipes from my friends:
Mint Chocolate Brownie Brittle Bark from Life Love and Sugar
Marshmallow Treats with Chocolate and Caramel from Food Faith and Fitness
Salted Caramel Brownie Brittle Muddy Buddies from Inside BruCrew Life
Other recipes you might like: