- 1/2 C Unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 C + 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 C Ghirardelli Chocolate Caramel Hot Chocolate mix
- 1 Large egg
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 C All-purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 C Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
For the topping:
- 10 Caramels
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Allow butter to come to room temperature. Beat on medium speed for a couple minutes until soft.
- Combine butter with sugar and hot chocolate mix and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix into butter and sugar until egg is well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add into batter and beat on medium low speed until well combined, dough will start to form. Add chocolate chips and mix to incorporate.
- Spoon out two tablespoons of dough, and roll in your hands to flatten slightly and place onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden brown. Allow to cool for several minute before transferring to a wire rack.
- Once cookies are cooled, unwrap caramels and microwave for 30 seconds until melted. Stir well and drizzle caramel on top of cookies, sprinkle with sea salt.
The caramel is sticky, so it is best to not layer these cookies on top of one another. If you do layer them, put a piece of was paper or parchment paper between the layers.