A chocolate and caramel stuffed Chex cereal coated in coconut and powdered sugar. Sprinkled with Samoa Cookies.
- 10 oz Chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 C Hersheys chocolate spread
- 1/4 C Caramel sauce
- 2 C Shredded coconut
- 7– 8 C Chocolate Chex
- 3 C Powdered sugar
- 25 Kraft caramels (optional)
- 1 Box Samoa cookies
- Combine chocolate chips, butter and Hershey’s spread in a medium size sauce pan over medium heat. Stir occasionally to mix melted butter into chocolate chips.
- Once chocolate chips are completely melted, add caramel sauce and mix to combine with chocolate.
- In an XL mixing bowl, combine Chocolate Chex and coconut. Pour melted chocolate over cereal mix and toss with a spoon to completely coat the cereal.
- In a Ziploc bag, add 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar and half of the chocolate coated cereal. Seal the bag and shake vigorously to coat the cereal in powdered sugar. Pour out on a cookie sheet to cool. Repeat with the second half of the cereal and additional powdered sugar.
- This next step is optional. Unwrap 24 Kraft Caramels and melt on the stovetop over medium-low heat. The caramel needs to be constantly stirred while melting so it doesn’t burn. The caramel will be extremely hot, use caution when handling.
- Once melted, slowly drizzle caramel over the muddy buddies.
- Once caramel has cooled slightly, gently stir to spread the caramel, evenly breaking apart some larger pieces with your fingers.
- Cut Samoa cookies into tiny pieces and sprinkle into muddy buddies.
- Keep stored in an air tight container for up too three days.
Use extreme caution when handling Caramel. It will be very hot!