This Seven Layer Bar frosting is inspired by the classic Seven Layer Magic Bar! The frosting is loaded with chocolate chips, walnuts, caramel, coconut and more.
- 4 sticks (2 cups) butter at room temperature
- 5 C Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp Caramel sauce
- 1/3 C Dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 C Milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 C Shredded coconut
- 1/2 C Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 C Walnuts
- Cut butter into pieces. Using the paddle attachment, whip butter for 3-5 minutes, scraping down the bowl occasionally. Beat until butter look light in color.
- Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix on low speed until well combined. Beat for about 60 seconds.
- Next, add an additional 2 cups of powdered sugar along with the heavy whipping cream and beat on low speed until sugar is incorporated.
- Add the last cup powdered sugar along with sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce . Beat on low until ingredients start to mix together. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for another 3-5 minutes to whip additional air into the frosting.
- In a large food processor, grind up the remaining ingredients: chocolate chips, coconut, walnuts and graham crackers. Grind into smaller pieces until is resembles a crumb-like texture.
- Add into the frosting and mix just until combined.
To pipe onto cupcakes, use a large open round tip.