This Skinny Coconut Cream Poke Cake is a healthier coconut cake soaked in fat-free sweetened condensed milk and topped with a fat-free whipped topping. It’s your favorite coconut cake but without all the calories.
For the cake:
- 1 box (15oz) white cake mix
- 1 cup (236ml) diet 7up or seltzer water
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 container (5.3 oz) low-fat coconut Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) coconut extract
- 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut, unsweetened
For the topping:
- 1 can (14oz) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 container (8 ounces) fat-free Cool Whip
- ½ cup (38g) shredded coconut, unsweetened- toasted
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch by 13-inch pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the white cake mix, diet 7up, egg whites, Greek yogurt and coconut extract. Beat all the ingredients until well combined. Lastly fold in the shredded coconut.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350°F for 18-22 minutes. To check the cake for doneness, stick a toothpick into the center of the cake. If your toothpick comes out clean, then your cake is done. Allow the cake to cool for 30 minutes.
- Before you turn off your oven, toast the coconut for the topping for 5-10 minutes until the coconut turns lightly brown.
- For the topping: Use a wooden spoon or small round object to poke holes all over the top of the cake. Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over top of the cake, trying to spread evenly. Allow it to soak into the cake while the cake is cooling. Cool completely.
- Spread the Cool Whip over the cooled cake and garnish with the toasted coconut. This cake must be refrigerated after the Cool Whip has been added.
- Disclaimer: Nutritional information is estimated. Actual nutritional information should be calculated based off the ingredients you are using
- Weight Watcher Freestyle points- this recipe is 202 WW Freestyle points. Divide the total points by the number of servings. For 15 servings, it would be 13 points.
- Make this recipe into cupcakes to further reduce the overall calories
- If you want to make this cake even skinnier, you can use a sugar-free cake mix.
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Coconut Cake, Healthy Coconut Cake,