Simple and elegant, these low calories Champagne and Berry Parfaits are the perfect bite-sized dessert.
For the berries
- 2 C Mixed berries
- 1/2 C Champagne
For the cake
- 1 Box Vanilla cake mix
- 1 1/2 C Champagne
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- Zest from one large orange
For the syrup
- 1/4 C Butter, melted
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 1/4 C Champagne
- 1 tbsp Orange juice
For the whipped cream (optional)
- 1 C Heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Powdered sugar
- Prepare the berries by soaking them in Champagne for about 30 minutes. Combine fruit and champagne in a deep dish and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine cake mix, champagne, vanilla bean paste and orange zest. Mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Pour batter in a 9×13” pan and bake for 17-20 minutes. I baked mine for 18 minutes. To check the cake for doneness, insert a tooth pick into the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done. Allow to cool completely.
- Once the cake has cooled, prepared the syrup. Melt butter in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add water and sugar and whisk to combine. Boil on medium high for 5 minutes until bubbling and thick, stir occasionally to prevent from burning.
- Remove the syrup from heat and stir in champagne and orange juice. You can use the champagne that the berries are soaking in!
- Prepare the whipped cream by combining heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar in your mixing bowl. Beat on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 3-4 minutes. Set whipped cream in the fridge until ready.
- To assemble the parfaits, drain the champagne from the berries. Spoon 2 tablespoons of cake mix into the bottom of the jar. Next add a few berries. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons of the champagne syrup. Add another layer of cake followed with another few berries. Drizzle a second time with the syrup and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
- To lighten up their recipe further, use a light whipped cream instead of homemade. You can further omit the champagne syrup and the cake and berries are good on their own to!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Refrigerator
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: New Years Eve Dessert, Dessert Parfaits